No one ever wants to find themselves in a position where they have to hire a family lawyer. In an ideal world, families would amicably be able to bring resolution to disputes on their own. But situations arise when a family lawyer is needed for a divorce, child custody, visitation, or other issue. When that happens, you want to be sure to choose the best attorney to protect you and your rights. Here is how to choose a great attorney who practices family law in Boca Raton.
Ask friends and family for referrals.
The best way to find a great family lawyer for your case is to talk with friends and family members. Ask them for a recommendation, and see if the lawyer they used has experience working cases similar to yours. When you receive a referral from someone you know that was happy with the attorney they worked with, chances are high that you’ll have a great experience as well.
Interview prospective attorneys who practice family law in Boca Raton.
Ask for a consultation, so you can find the best in family law to work with. You are hiring them to work for you after all, so you want to be sure to choose the right person for the job just as you would a contractor you’d hire for work around your home. Prepare for the interview by making out a list of questions to ask so you can get to know them and ensure they have the expertise to work on your case, such as the following:
- How would you describe your approach?
- What do you think of my case and the chances it will be successful?
- How long have you practiced family law?
- Will you be the only one working on my case? If not, who else would I be working with?
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled, and what were the outcomes?
- What are your retainer fees and hourly rate? How do you bill clients, and what all do you charge for (copies, email communication, etc)?
- What resources do you have available so that I receive the absolute best legal care?
After an interview, you should be able to tell if this is the right lawyer for your case. The attorney you choose for family law in Boca Raton should be experienced enough to go to trial if necessary, yet try to bring your case to the easiest resolution without the court system. When you need an experienced, professional, sincere family lawyer, contact K/S Law at 561-939-8042. Put us to work on your divorce, prenup, child support, custody, or visitation case, and be sure that you are working with the very best family lawyer for you!