Monday - Fri - 9:00 - 5:00pmSaturday-Sunday - Closed
4800 North Federal Highway, Boca Raton, FL 33431Building B, Suite 103B

Relocation of a Parent with Minor Child(ren)

Relocation of a Parent with Minor Child(ren)

Most Court ordered parenting plans, at the time they are entered, do not allow a parent to move to another address in excess of fifty (50) miles from their residence at the time of the parenting plan’s entry. However, there are many situations where one of the parents must relocate for job or family, or other reasons in the best interest of your Minor Child(ren). If you wish to relocate with your Minor Child(ren) and currently have a Court ordered parenting plan or are in the middle of litigation concerning your Minor Child(ren), in most circumstances, you must seek and receive Court approval to do so. This applies whether your intended move is temporary or permanent. In making the decision as to whether to permit your relocation, the Court will take into consideration a litany of factors to determine whether your proposed move will be in the Minor Child(ren)’s best interest.

If you are a parent with a court ordered parenting plan or a parent in the middle of litigation concerning Minor Child(ren) and you desire to relocate in the best interest of your Minor Child(ren), you should immediately seek legal representation to petition the Court and advocate for your right to relocate with your Minor Child(ren).

Our Office Address

4800 North Federal Highway, Building B, Suite 103BBoca Raton, FL 33431

Our Phone Numbers

561-939-8042 or 954-956-7676

Our Email

Read Our Reviews

We Are Here To Help

Contact us

This Attorney is Lead Counsel Rated. Click here for more Information.

*Free Consultation*s are offered upon preliminary review of the shared facts of your case with the firm and are offered upon determination by an attorney whether the prospective case is within the firm's purview of legal services.

© 2017 K/S Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.