Notwithstanding the fact that custody has been granted to one of the parent, the non-custodial parent is responsible for child support. The difficult part is determining what amount is reasonable to be expected from the non-custodial parent. There are simple math formulas used to structure the amount that should be due and owing by the non-custodial parent. K/S has attorneys skilled in determining these amounts.

In the event child support is not paid, K/S is experienced in collecting child support from the non-custodial parent. The custodial parent has the right to have the non-custodial parent’s driver license suspended for failure to pay child support, as well as a right to revise visitation with post divorce proceedings. Similarly, the non-custodial parent may have rights in these situations. In either case, K/S is able to assist in these legal matters.