Going without a divorce attorney on your side when seeking a legal separation is potentially a huge mistake. Getting married is much simpler than divorcing. It’s complicated to handle all the aspects that are involved, which is why having an experienced lawyer handling your divorce proceedings is essential. Here are three things that can go wrong if you don’t hire a divorce attorney in Boca Raton.
1. You may make costly mistakes without a divorce attorney in Boca Raton.
Navigating the complicated legal system is not easy for the inexperienced. Mistakes are easy to make, especially at this stressful time, and they’re costly to fix. Errors in valuing assets, incorrectly drafting a document, or missing a deadline can have dire consequences. Going back to court to fix legal decrees and custody orders is expensive. Hiring a divorce attorney ensures that legal procedures are properly followed and your case is handled for you. Things are done right the first time.
2. Not having a lawyer on your side may increase likelihood of future conflict.
In a self-represented divorce, it is easy not to address all aspects leading to future disputes. Your divorce attorney in Boca Raton presents you with all possible scenarios to consider, so that issues are settled to your satisfaction and no loose ends are left.
3. You may end up paying more in the long run.
Here are just several things that can end up costing you more than if you had just hired a lawyer right off the bat.
- Costly court fees: Without experience to settle things outside of court, a divorce that goes to trial incurs more legal fees. Many times with a lawyer on your side, a trial is avoided.
- Improper division of assets: This can leave you with fewer assets than you’re entitled to, but your divorce attorney in Boca Raton makes sure assets are properly divided.
- Paying too much or not receiving enough child support: This is an expensive mistake which can cost you a lot of money over the years of raising a child(ren).
At K/S Law, we offer you our best support during this overwhelming time. We have the experience you need to keep your divorce as smooth as possible. Our divorce attorneys in Boca Raton work diligently for you, handling all aspects along the way. Call us today at (561) 939-8042.