Se Habla Espanol
Nous Parlons Creole
- Traffic Defense Info
- Traffic Civil Infractions
- Traffic Criminal Violations
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Traffic Defense FAQ
- Submit a Traffic Ticket
Traffic Criminal Violations
Common Criminal Traffic Violations include the following:
- Driving While License Suspended with Knowledge (DWLS)
- Not Wearing prescription glasses
- Not Wearing protection for eyes while riding motorbike
- Expired Tag Criminal Citation
- Unlawful tag display or sticker attachment
- Operating Vehicle without a valid DL
- Failure to Surrender Driver's License
- Failure to Change Address on Vehicle Registration
- Driving Under the Influence
There is a difference between a civil traffic infraction and a criminal traffic infraction. A criminal citation in Florida carries a jail sentence under Florida Statutes Title XXIII Motor Vehicles. It is imperative to hire an attorney to protect your civil rights. Call us now for a free consultation, and with the exception of a few specific criminal traffic citations, you can hire our firm right over the phone.
DID YOU KNOW? Legislation was passed in 2002 amending Racing on the Highway charges from a Civil Traffic Infraction to a Criminal Traffic Infraction for any citation received after October 2002. Racing on the Highway is a misdemeanor offense carrying strict sentencing guidelines, including an automatic license suspension. In some situations, this suspension can last several months to a year. This is why you need an attorney that is experienced in taking these cases to trial to ensure you are competently defended and therefore have a better opportunity in sustaining your license.
A common misconception about a criminal traffic citation is that the individual who received the citation believes that he or she can pay a fine as if it were a civil traffic infraction. The fact is that there is no fine levied upon receipt of the citation, and you are required to appear in court in front of a Judge. Any failure to appear will result in a Bench Warrant for your arrest.
DID YOU KNOW? K/S can save your from having to attend the arraignment. By hiring K/S, we would be able to file pleadings on your behalf, which would satisfy your appearance requirement for the arraignment date that is normally written on your ticket.