Se Habla Espanol
Nous Parlons Creole
- Personal Injury Information
- Auto & Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Slip and Fall
- Dog Bites
- Consultation Form
No Fees if we do not collect a settlement, judgment or verdict for you.
When a dog bites someone, the physical and emotional injuries that result can be very serious and traumatic. The dog bite victim is entitled to compensation under Florida Law where they have scarring or puncture marks. In fact, even if the dog does not bite but knocks the person to ground and the person is injured, the victim may be entitled to money damages.
There are over 4.5 million dog bites per year, according to the CDC.
The attorneys at Kotzker/Shamy, P.L. have extensive experience in handling dog bite claims and have settled numerous cases for over $100,000. Call now for a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
What do I do if I am attacked by an animal or bitten by a dog?
1) The first and most important thing to do is identify the dog that bit you. Find out who the owner is and where the dog lives.
2) Get immediate medical attention. Call 911 or go to the emergency room. Get everything documented. Risk of infection and rabies could be high.
3) File a dog bite report with local authorities such as Florida local police or governement officials. This will document your case with authorities.
4) Find out more information. Get the dogs license number and ownership information. Find out if the dog has attacked anyone else.
5) Take photos of all damaged property and bite marks. Take photos of the injury and any damaged clothing or property during the attack.
6) Find a Florida attorney who specializes in dog bites, animal attacks and personal injury in Florida. You do not know if you have a case until you call. The clock is ticking.
7) Document everything. Record every conversation and the names and phone numbers of those involved in the process no matter how trivial.
8) Do not sign anything from an insurance company without consulting a Florida attorney who specializes in dog bites or animal attacks.
Call now for a free no-obligation consultation with one of our attorneys. (561) 939-8042